Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bus Stop Diaries #1

I'm waiting at the bus stop. The day is cloudy and I'm tired. A man is arguing with another over Obama. The argumentative one is dressed in a Hawaian shirt and tattered jeans. He has wild hair. He is saying that Obama has destroyed the constitution and has returned us to the days of British monarchy. The other man tries to say a few words, but is constantly interupted by the wild looking man. I stay out of it. I just want to go home.

Then the wild man looks at me. He asks "hey, you know who you look like?"

I just nod my head a little and reply "not really." I'm thinking, this is going to be fun.

"You look just like Nick Nolte!"

Stunned, I sarcastically say "thanks." Of course, the image that comes to my mind is the mug shot of Nolte where his hair is long and crazy looking.

He then corrects himself. "Wait," he says, "not Nick Nolte."

Whew!

"You look just like Gary Busey!"

Great googly moogly!

2 comments: